Let the lemon obsession continue! After making my amazing lemon curd and using it to fill cupcakes of course a waffle topping was next in line! We added lemon pudding and macerated raspberries to the waffle mix to give it the extra zest! Be careful when cooking with lemon juice because it burn
We sure do love waffles! And Raspberries! And lemon! This is the perfect marriage of all our favorites! The waffles are fluffy and are just barely crispy on the outside. The Lemon Curd is just wonderful! Get the easy recipe here. It’s zesty and a little sweet and very smooth! Pair this with some fresh raspberries and it’s sure to please! I can’t wait for summer and the raspberries to come straight out of the garden! Yum! I wish I lived in a climate that would work with a lemon or lime tree. Fresh citrus would just be amazing. I’m thinking about finding a miniature citrus tree for the house.
Normally on Saturday mornings we will venture out for our usual Jamba Juice and a bagel. But this Saturday we decided to stay home for a special treat! How do you like your waffles? We will definitely be trying more recipes soon!
Makes 4 Belgium Waffles
- 2 Meyer Lemons, zested and juiced
- 1/8 Cup Sugar
- 4 oz Fresh Raspberries
- 1 and 1/8cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/8 cup sugar
- 1 and 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 package Lemon pudding mix
- 1/2 cup butter – melted
- 2 eggs – separated
- 3/4 cup milk
- In a small bowl mix the 1/8 cup sugar and lemon zest. Mash them together with your fingers, add the raspberries. Fully coat the raspberries and add the lemon juice. Let it macerate while prepping the other waffle ingredients.
- Whisk the dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Whisk the egg yolks, milk, and butter in a separate bowl.
- In a large bowl whisk the egg whites until you form soft peaks.
- Add the milk, egg yolks, and butter mixture to the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Add the egg whites and fold gently until just combined as not to let the mixture deflate too much. The egg whites are to make the mixture fluffy and airy.
- Cook the waffles in your favorite waffle maker. Put them in an oven for 5 minutes at 200 degrees to get them a little crispy.