I’ve been working on perfecting this one for awhile. The basic recipe is very very simple but there are a few tricks that I have figured out to really make this a go to dish!
1. Once the roast is done cooking remove it from the pot and let it rest for about 10-15 minutes before shredding. This helps the meat stay tender and not dry out immediately.
2. Pick out an already tender cut for the roast. I like to use Tri Tip.
3. Thinly slice the mozzarella because too much melted mozzarella is like chewing glue.
This is one of my new favorite recipes for house guests. It is so easy that you can have a great meal and spend almost no time in the kitchen! It’s perfect!
- Tri tip roast- plan about 1/4-1/3 pound per guest.
- 2 Tbsp Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 2 Cans Campbell’s French Onion Soup
- 2 Cans Campbell’s Beef Consume
- Optional- 1 yellow onion sliced
- Mozzarella- thinly sliced (or provolone or swiss.. I’m not gonna tell you how to live your life!)
- Hoagie Rolls
Rub the steak seasoning into the roast. Place into a slow cooker with the onion slices, French onion soup and beef consume.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Remove the roast from the pot and let it rest for 10-15 minutes. Remove most of the liquid and place it into a medium sauce pan and bring to a medium boil for about 10 minutes until it reduces by about half. Slice the roast in half long ways and then shred and place back into the remaining liquid.
Turn on your broiler and build the sandwiches with hoagies, meat, onions and cheese. Place under the broiler for a few minutes until the cheese is nice and melted and even a little browned.
Serve it up with your favorite chips and then dip away!
modified recipe from bunsinmyoven.com